Event when iX Developer start the transfer

A forum devoted to the discussion of all topics having to do with scripting and other advanced programming using iX Developer.
Arnaud J.

Event when iX Developer start the transfer

Post by Arnaud J. »

I need to install an event handler when iX Developer ask to close the project at the beginning of the transfer.
Because I use the .NET class SerialPort in my project and if the port is open when iX developer ask to close the project the panel is hang and cannot close the project, so I need to close the serial port when iX developer ask to close...
Do you have a solution to fix this trouble ?

Today I have a special screen where the serial port is closed but if I start the transfer from a different screen the panel is hang and I should reboot it, so it's not user friendly.

Thanks,

Ron L.

Re: Event when iX Developer start the transfer

Post by Ron L. »

As far as I know, there is not a way to do that with the .NET Compact Framework.

I have a Serial example posted here that does allow me to download a new application that might help.
http://ixtalk.beijerelectronics.com/vie ... p?f=9&t=73

What iX Panel are you using?
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.
Ron Lloyd | Applications Engineer

Arnaud J.

Post by Arnaud J. »

Our iX Developer version is 1.30 Build 1.30.445.0

In our case the SerialPort is an object of an external assembly, may be it's the cause of the trouble, can you check this case ?

How do you stop the application at the beginning of the transfer ? Did you send an event ? Did you kill it ?

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

When you download an application, iX will automatically close the application. There is not an event that occurs.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.
Ron Lloyd | Applications Engineer