datalogger change name of curve while logging

A forum devoted to the discussion of all topics having to do with scripting and other advanced programming using iX Developer.
geomariolis

datalogger change name of curve while logging

Post by geomariolis »

hi all,

i am using a datalogger and one analog value is being logged. my issue is that while the analog value is always the same, i am changing digitally the sampling point of it. so i would like to be able to see it in the logger. for example i am logging a gas value from tanks. i would like to see which tank i am sampling (the digital sampling is changing every some 50 seconds so the tank name is changing too.
is this possible by scripting to change the name of the curve??
i have programmed from my plc a register to change value on each tank and i was planning to use the value to "script" and change the name of the curve(although the analog value is only one tag).
i don't know how is the name of the curve can be found (is it a function???)

any help of yours is highly appreciated.

Chris T.

Re: datalogger change name of curve while logging

Post by Chris T. »

geomariolis,

Unfortunately this can not be done using the built in legend this text is in a compiled element, however you could easily accomplish this by building your own legend popup. Instead of having the button call the trendviewer legend have it call a popup screen with a string and the value. The string will change with whatever tag you associate to it and the value as well.

Maybe this is a viable option for you.
Best regards,
Christopher
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us