Script to replace text in AlarmView

A forum devoted to the discussion of all topics having to do with scripting and other advanced programming using iX Developer.
bigT

Script to replace text in AlarmView

Post by bigT »

I am using AE server to retreive alarms from PLC. I want to provide additional information for operator when he selects an alarm in the list and press a button. So the first thing I should do is to get Text of the selected alarm to a MessageBox.
After that I will create an Array and depending of the info in Alarm Text Field add it to the text in MessageBox. How can I access Text parameter of Selected alarm In AlarmViewer?

Jae V

Re: Script to replace text in AlarmView

Post by Jae V »

Hello,
We understand that this is a very old post. You would have to build this up a bit where you make a pop up screen that is your new "message box" and a button on the screen would have to show additional text. To get the text configurable we would need to work with you a little closer due to different ways of doing this with very different skill levels required. If there is anyone who is still experiencing this or similar issues and require assistance, please visit us at https://www.beijerelectronics.us/en-US/ ... ___support or give us call at 801.708.6690. Thank you.
Best regards,
Jason
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us

RobSel

Re: Script to replace text in AlarmView

Post by RobSel »

It is old but hey. I do this for randomized naming with a timer script so that it actively updates naming for devices. Simple timer script triggering these moves to rename text fields in the alarm server for users without having to go around to HMI's every time a name changes and update the alarm server. Works pretty well and don't know if it will help 100% to answer this question.

Globals.AlarmServer.AlarmGroup_AndTagInAlarmServer.Text = Globals.Tags.TagIfBeingUsed.Value + ": Some sort of text if needed.";