How to solve the unexisting AlarmNormal event?

A forum devoted to the discussion of all topics having to do with scripting and other advanced programming using iX Developer.
Piloumene

How to solve the unexisting AlarmNormal event?

Post by Piloumene »

My project needs two kinds of Alarms Groups:
- 'Incidents', in order to stop the equipments in a STOP state.
- 'Faults', which allows the equipments to go on running.
I need a synthesis tag for incidents, which is true as long as at least one alarm exists in 'AlarmActive', 'AlarmInactive', or 'AlarmAcknowledged' state, and which becomes false when all alarms are in 'AlarmNormal' state.
So far, the basic principle should be to use a simple counter. It is incremented each time an Incident is in 'AlarmActive' state, and decremented each time an Incident get in 'AlarmNormal' state.
BUT:
1) Actions associated to each alarm give access only to 'AlarmActive', 'AlarmInactive', or 'AlarmAcknowledged' events, but not to 'AlarmNormal' event.
Therefore, I can just increment the counter, without being able to decrement it.
2) Same behavior for Alarms Groups actions.
3) The sole existing 'AlarmNormal' event is at the Alarm Server level. But there is no way to distinguish Faults and Incidents alarms!
In scripting, I manage to define an'AlarmNormal' (member of IAlarmEvents interface) without any errors during compiling. But at run-time, this event is not triggered....
Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks

Jae V

Re: How to solve the unexisting AlarmNormal event?

Post by Jae V »

Hello,
We understand that this is a very old post. This would require a little bit of customization and digging so if you are still experiencing this or similar issues and require assistance, please visit us at https://www.beijerelectronics.us/en-US/ ... ___support or give us call at 801.708.6690. Thank you.
Best regards,
Jason
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us