Import Control Logix L5K file

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
SOGT

Import Control Logix L5K file

Post by SOGT »

Hi

Way can i not import like TIMER Structure tags when i import the l5k file in to my tags in the Ix project, all other tags i have created will bee imported just not the other ones.
When i writing them manually in they are working.

Ron L.

Re: Import Control Logix L5K file

Post by Ron L. »

Are you using more then 2 levels for the timer structure tag? The software only supports up to 2 levels, this is documented in the manual. If you don't have more then 2 levels, can you send the L5K files so we can research the problem?
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.
Ron Lloyd | Applications Engineer

SOGT

Post by SOGT »

Hi
In my opinion i only use 2 level, and this is also working if i write it manual in the tag group in ix z1Main:hoistSeqStep100_T.PRE
Do you have a mail i can send the l5k file to? or send me a mail on jbdl@sogt.dk

Tom R.

Post by Tom R. »

Hello,

The bottom line here is that this L5K import module is not perfect. We have discussed doing more work to it to make it better but for now this is what we have.

You can also export your tags from RSLogix 5000 to a .CSV file. You can then adjust this file and import it in to iX.

You can send us your L5K file at support.usa@beijerelectronics.com, and we can look at it to see if we can get different results and also use the file as an example for us to work with to make improvements to the import.