Bosch Rexroth Ethernet

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
jorgeraul3

Bosch Rexroth Ethernet

Post by jorgeraul3 »

I'm trying to communicate our Bosch-Rexroth MLD controller to a T7A through ethernet ip but the driver only has a serial connection option. Is there another driver I can use??

mark.monroe

Re: Bosch Rexroth Ethernet

Post by mark.monroe »

No, there is not another driver you can use.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

jorgeraul3

Post by jorgeraul3 »

I used the CoDeSys driver over ethernet TCP/IP and that worked out.
Thanks anyway.

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

That surprises me because that would mean that the Bosch-Rexroth MLD supports the Codesys ARTI protocol.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Patrick Hall

Post by Patrick Hall »

mark.monroe wrote:That surprises me because that would mean that the Bosch-Rexroth MLD supports the Codesys ARTI protocol.
Bosch-Rexroth uses CoDeSys 3* for the plc functionality on many of their products. While I don't use, or generally have access to the product line, I was at a customer site recently Diagnosing PROFINET IO Controller issues between customers MLC65 and a PROFINET Communications Card for a VFD from one of our Vendors. While on site I had an oportunity to use the software on a rolling test bench they provided and noted that the PLC programming side was definitely CoDeSys 3.

On a side note another of our Vendors (WAGO) also uses CoDeSys (v2 though) to implement the PLC functionality and IDE. The ARTI driver works quite well on it and only requires you enable symbol download, and setup the CoDeSys variables you want exported. Afterwards you can just import the Project's SDB file to populate the Tag List in iX Developer.
Best Regards,
Patrick Hall

cfhollis

Post by cfhollis »

I just wanted to toss this in - I successfully connected to a Rexroth PPC-R running Indralogic 1.8 (and Synax 13, but I don't think that's relevant) via Ethernet.
The necessary settings in iX are to use a CoDeSys ARTI controller, port 1200, V2 TCP/IP Level 2 Route, Motorola Byte Order, ELAU Controller False.
Import the desired tags using the import button on the tag page and select the .sdb file from your compiled Indralogic project directory. Check off only the tags you need, you can add more later.