Micro830 communication with Beijer HMI T7F

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
s_vb

Micro830 communication with Beijer HMI T7F

Post by s_vb »

Hello Everyone,

I am new at development on Beijer HMI. So don't know much about it.
I am working on Micro830 PLC. I am using Beijer's T7F model (HMI).
How do I create tags in HMI for this controller? As there are no addresses in this PLC like (B3, N7, F8 etc..)

Please guide me.

Thanks,
Shailesh

Shailesh Bangale

Re: Micro830 communication with Beijer HMI T7F

Post by Shailesh Bangale »

Hello Everyone,

It is not possible to do direct communication with Micro830. We have to use Modbus protocol for same. I hv tried it and worked for me.

Thanks.

Why does it take so much time to get approval for queries from Moderator? As compared to Siemens forum, response to threads is very slow for Beijer iX talk forum. As early the topics get approved, more users will be able to see the posts and can solve it. Thats just little suggestion from me. Because, I have used Siemens forum very oftenly, and I generally get reply within 2 to 3 hours.

Chris T.

Re: Micro830 communication with Beijer HMI T7F

Post by Chris T. »

While the modbus driver is a good substitute if you require serial, the ideal driver would be the Ethernet/IP driver under Allen Bradley. There are a few limitations that should be noted in the help file, found by going to Tags-Controllers-Settings-Help in iX, i.e. tags must be globally scoped to be read, no multidimensional arrays, etc.
Best regards,
Christopher
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us