Modbus RTU Registers

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
David.H

Modbus RTU Registers

Post by David.H »

I'm sure someody has asked this already, just can't seem to find it though. My question is what Modbus registers are available. The hardware I am trying to poll for data uses 30000 series Input Registers, but when I enter that into the controller field I get an error. 40000 series works fine, but data is in 30000 series. Problem also seems to be with 10000 series registers as well.

mark.monroe

Re: Modbus RTU Registers

Post by mark.monroe »

Take a look at the Controller documentation. Most likely you have the driver set to use HEX addressing and you are typing in Decimal addresses into the Controller Tag column.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

David.H

Post by David.H »

Mark,
It's the standard MODICON driver, configured as a Modbus slave, the A& being the Master. I don't see anywhere I can select Hex or Decimal, even configure the driver. Sorry, very new to using iX Developer.

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

The Modbus slave driver only supports Holding Registers in Decimal format. Which means that it will not allow you to use the 30000 or 10000 Modbus registers. The Modbus Master driver will allow you to read those other registers.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer