IDEC Ethernet Driver Fault

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
jcjelektro

IDEC Ethernet Driver Fault

Post by jcjelektro »

Hello

I use IDEC PLC's and IX T4/7 panels, and IX Runtime.
When i use the IDEC Driver, it makes Communication Fault some times.
I have made a project to a PC with IX250 Runtime, and it worked fine here at the office.
When i installed it, it made communication fault some times, but it could still read some registers.
I had to change all the PLC adresses, to Modbus TCP instead, and then it worked again......
I have used the Serial driver manny times before, with out that problem.
Now i made a new project to a T4A, and it's the same.
It works fine with the IDEC ethernet driver for some hours, but some times it make com fault, for som seconds, and then it work again.....

When i change the PLC adresses to modus it works fine.

I have found, that special registers D1020-d1050 made com faults often.
But it's werry anoying that it don't work propperly.

Please take a look at the driver.....

(I use FC5A Ethernet, SmartAxis PLC's (FT1A) Ethernet)
--
Emil Gundersen
JCJelektro.dk

mark.monroe

Re: IDEC Ethernet Driver Fault

Post by mark.monroe »

The driver has been tested with IDEC Micro plc's FC2A, FC3A and FC4A series, and they work fine with our driver. The FC5A CPU has not been tested. There is a Timeout in the ComputerLink driver under advanced. You could try increasing that as well as the retries. It sounds like your network may have an intermittent issue. You also may want to continuously ping the HMI and the IDEC from a PC for a few hours and see if the network goes down for a few seconds and then comes back up.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer