Comm error stn 0

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
Skeels

Comm error stn 0

Post by Skeels »

Hello,
I have a TA70 HMI and a Siemens PLC 0BA7. I updated my drivers and I use Simantic S7IsoTcp driver.

I communicate by ethernet through a Switch. I'm trying just to display an input and an output tags and a memory input tag from the PLC. It seems there are no communication between the HMI and the PLC because I have this message "comm err station 0".

From my computer, I can ping the HMI and the PLC with answers.
When I analyse the frames on Wireshark, I see "who has 172.17.2.10? Tell 172.17.2.39" (172.17.2.10 is the PLC ip address and 172.17.2.39 the HMI ip address). But there are no answer from the PLC.

I add images of my configuration.
Could say me what is wrong ?

Thank you
Attachments
Images.zip
(913.09 KiB) Downloaded 1816 times

mark.monroe

Re: Comm error stn 0

Post by mark.monroe »

Looks like you are using a LOGO PLC. Here is a youtube video from one of our customers on how to set it up. There is also a forum post on this.

To me, it looks like you need to change the "Stations->System" setting from "S7-200" to "S7-300/400/1200"
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Skeels

Post by Skeels »

Thank you,
We have already seen this tutorial and we have tried it, in fact it was on the strength of this that we purchased your product.

We have tried various combinations of driver set up, i.e. S7 200 and S7 300/400/1200 with different TSAP values but there is always the same problem of; Comm error stn 0. We have no way of knowing if this error is due to the incorrect driver selection or an error with the address mapping.

We are trying to configure the TA70 which is different to the one in the tutorial, is this fact significant?

Thank you,

JohnCZ

Post by JohnCZ »

Last edited by JohnCZ on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skeels

Post by Skeels »

I really don't think that this level of support is acceptable!

If you had taken the time to read the previous beijer response then you would have known that not only had we been directed to this THIRD party tutorial but that we have already tried it.

As we are in the process of evaluating your unit, this poor level of support is not filling us with confidence.

Could you please escalate this request to a higher level of support so that we can have an answer that will be more useful than a quick google search.

Regards,

David Skeels

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

This is a forum and the people that post here are not all employed by Beijer. We do not officially support LOGO PLC's. The driver has never been officially tested with those PLC's. Some customers on this forum have taken it on themselves to see if they could get it to work.

The error you are getting could be from a bad Ethernet setup. Have you tried pinging all the units via a single PC? Are you connecting the untis directly via a cross over cable or through a hub?

We do not "escalate" forum requests as the whole point is to allow the community of developers help each other out. You are free to contact support directly at support (at) beijerinc.com if you are in the Americas or if you are outside the Americas you should contact your local Beijer distributor.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

ramaslabas

Post by ramaslabas »

For Siemens 1200, 1500 users

For new versions please make sure that you are enabled full access to PLC.
Also check that permit access, otherwise you will receive error 123 from PLC
New Bitmap Image.jpg
New Bitmap Image.jpg (303.42 KiB) Viewed 37504 times

mohamed

Post by mohamed »

Hello,

I am working on an E-1043 display (Module EM-Profibus DP) connected to a Simatic S7-300 PLC using the X2 port (DP Profibus).

-I have a error msg on the display (No reply from PLC), and the two
LED (ST , OP) of the card (EM-Profibus DP) is ON, (Attached file ).

-When I scanned the PLC network Profibus DP I see the node of the Module
(EM-Profibus DP), Please see the attached picture.

-When I remove the Profibus cable I have a error msg in the display (no
network connection) ,the ST LED is ON , but the OP LED is OFF.

-I used an address type (M ,DB, I, Q) on the display and the PLC for testing the communication, but the communication it does not work.

-The configuration of the PLC is the following .
Type : DP Profibus .
Adress : 1 .
Transmission Rate : 1.5Mbps .
Highest DP Adress: 126 .

-The configuration of the display Panel is the following .
Adress : 2 .
The Controller 1 is the driver S7 Profibus DP.
The Controller is connected in the port EM-Fielbus.

-I selected download Always for driver S7 Profibus DP.
-The Bus Terminator is ON in the first and last units .
-The first unit in the network is the PLC MASTER .

-Is this the only thing to do or the is something else ?

Best regards.

Sebhi Mohammed