Emerson Roc Plus Protocol?

Discussion of configuring and troubleshooting communication to PLC's or other devices using iX Developer.
Jwphilippi

Emerson Roc Plus Protocol?

Post by Jwphilippi »

Is there an additional dll that has been developed for the Controller type Emerson using the Roc Plus Protocol?

Thanks

Jeremy

Re: Emerson Roc Plus Protocol?

Post by Jeremy »

Jwphilippi,

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking. We did recently develop an Emerson ROC driver. I believe most features should work on ROC Plus controllers, although I do not currently have a ROC Plus controller for testing.

I am not sure what you mean by asking about an additional DLL. The driver itself consists of several DLLs. I am not sure which one would be "additional"

Jwphilippi

Post by Jwphilippi »

Currently the only protocol I have that is linked to Emerson Controller type is Modbus Master. I was just checking to see if a library had been built out for the Roc Plus Protocol.

I only assumed that there was individuallized dlls for each controller type as opposed to being lumped in a "communications driver dll"
Attachments
Controller.png
Controller.png (42.54 KiB) Viewed 23006 times

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

We have a beta version of ROC driver. I have sent you a PM with a link to it.

Regards,
Mark
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

Jwphilippi

Post by Jwphilippi »

Thanks Mark

Jcherry

Post by Jcherry »

Mark,
Is there any way that if you by chance see this that I can get the driver for the roc Plus Protocol. I received a Beijer Screen with No programing hooked up to a rock and I'm looking to set it up using the Roc protocol. I don't want to have to Set up Modbus tables for the ROC.
Thanks

JSorensen

Post by JSorensen »

I am currently having the same issue with my iX Developer, can you send me the Roc driver for it. Under Emerson I am only showing Modbus Master, my current version is 2.31.67.0.
Thank you.

Russ C.

Post by Russ C. »

JSorensen wrote:I am currently having the same issue with my iX Developer, can you send me the Roc driver for it. Under Emerson I am only showing Modbus Master, my current version is 2.31.67.0.
Thank you.

I sent you a link to the ROC driver in a PM
Best regards,

Russ
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us

Russ C.

Post by Russ C. »

Here is a good topic on Updating drivers. http://ixtalk.beijerelectronics.us/view ... 097d#p2765

You still need to run iX Administrator, but after you extract the MPD and CAB file to a folder, instead of clicking "Update Drivers" click "Update Drivers from File" then point to the extracted MPD file.
Best regards,

Russ
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us