Slow responce program

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
willyp

Slow responce program

Post by willyp »

Using buttons to cycle through the menu is slow. It takes aprox 2 sec. to load each page. We use several meters and 4 images on each page.

What can be the thing that is causing this? My PC is one of the latest generation.

Data is taken through modbus communication running at 500mS poll.
No timer is used in scripting.

I've downloaded the latest version of iX.

Ron L.

Re: Slow responce program

Post by Ron L. »

It's normal for the first time you change to a screen for there to be a delay. Subsequent screen changes should be faster.

Times to change screens is relative to the application/device such as how high is resolution, how many objects on a screen, how many tags mapped on a screen, script, any other processes competing for the CPU, speed of the PC/terminal etc.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.
Ron Lloyd | Applications Engineer

willyp

Post by willyp »

Thanks for your response.

I understand the speed of changing an page is application and hardware dependent.

My resolution is 3072x768. Subsequent screen changes are not noticeably faster. It still takes around 2 seconds to change.
I see that my customers are clicking multiple times on a button because they think they mis-clicked.

Tried on several hosts that have extreme good hardware specs.

What should be the first thing to look after?

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

Discussing this with the developers, they believe it is the high resolution that is causing a high load on the graphics card. You might try to reduce the color depth to 16-bits and see if that helps. If you are using heavy graphic effects such as opacity and drop shadow, this can also affect performance.

If you would like to send me a copy of your application we can do a look at it and see if we find anything.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.

ric

Post by ric »

I found out the same problem developing my application. I have to wait from 3 to 5 secs before the command is been executed and the drag & drop options is very slow responsive. Any idea to fix this problem?

Thank you

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

I don't have a way to improve this except upgrading hardware. You may also want to close any other running applications. You could even turn off your anti-virus software to speed things up. This is more PC dependent. Do you have our latest software iX 1.31?
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.

ric

Post by ric »

Yes, I download the update just a few days ago. I found out that the problem is still only in one screen of my application. There's a limit for the object you can add or not?

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

There is not a limit on the number of objects.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.

ric

Post by ric »

Hi, I tried to reproduce the problematic screen as new but when I run the application the change from the menu screen to the selected page is to slow! It takes about 5 seconds to switch from the screens? Any idea?

I tried to semplify it, to reduce the number of the objects and the number dynamics but it's still slow.

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

Is this a PC run-time or a iX Panel? If so which panel?
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.