Slow responce program

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Ron L.

Re: Slow responce program

Post by Ron L. »

Is this a 5 second wait the first time you access the screen and then the second time does it speed up?
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.
Ron Lloyd | Applications Engineer

ric

Post by ric »

It's a run time PC.
Pentium M 2Ghz
RAM 2GB

and Win XP Pro.

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

Is this a 5 second wait the first time you access the screen and then the second time does it speed up?
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.

ric

Post by ric »

I set the correct resolution for the monitor to not overload the graphics processor. Now at 1024x768 it always respond in a 4 secs time, even after the first load, it takes always 4 secs.

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

And it's just this one particular screen? Can you send me a copy of the project so I can see what is different on this screen vs. the rest of the project?
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.

Ron L.

Post by Ron L. »

I've tested your application on my PC here. Most of the screens took 1-2 seconds. One screen took 2.5 seconds and that was the longest.

My PC is a Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66Ghz
3.93 GB of RAM.

When I ran your application in iX Developer I had about 5 other programs running at the same time including Visual Studio 2008 and anti-virus software (which hurts performance). This is a mid/high level PC. Much faster PCs are available.
Best Regards,

Beijer Electronics, Inc.