Scheduler period

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Kardanas

Scheduler period

Post by Kardanas »

Hello,

I have a simple question. Scheduler in IX has the possibility to set the period to "monthly". I want to set a scheduled event to trigger on the last day of every month. So my question is if I set the starting date to of a scheduled event to the 31st day of some month and set the period to monthly, will it trigger on the 30th day of the next month and on the 31st day after that month? Or it just means that it counts every 30 days no matter the day count of that month?

Thanks in advance.

Artaxs

Re: Scheduler period

Post by Artaxs »

Hi Kardanas

Well, the scheduler of iX is ... not really usable. I have no clou what you want to do with that scheduler, but why not using a small C# script which evaluates the last day of the current month. Something like:

Code: Select all

var lastDayOfMonth = DateTime.DaysInMonth(DateTime.Now.Year, DateTime.Now.Month);
var currentDay = DateTime.Now.Day;
If(currentDay == lastDayOfMonth)
{
 // do your task
}
Execute that script when it is needed (at midnight, ....)
It's really simple to do and much more flexible that the iX integrated scheduler.

Let me know if you need help with that script.
Good luck! ;)