Verifying storage 'Database'

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Lukas0204

Verifying storage 'Database'

Post by Lukas0204 »

Hi,

after restarting HMI, screen stuck in start-up screen saying 'Verifying storage 'Database''. Did someone have this situation and how to resolve it. (see attached picture)

Thanks
Attachments
IMG-20200509-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200509-WA0003.jpg (71.13 KiB) Viewed 5608 times

prichlin

Re: Verifying storage 'Database'

Post by prichlin »

Hello Lukas0204,
Have you tried rebuilding the project (Project > Rebuild) before transferring to the panel? The Rebuild MAY clean up some of the database issues automatically for you.

Lukas0204

Re: Verifying storage 'Database'

Post by Lukas0204 »

prichlin wrote:Hello Lukas0204,
Have you tried rebuilding the project (Project > Rebuild) before transferring to the panel? The Rebuild MAY clean up some of the database issues automatically for you.
Hi,

yes, each time before downloading, I rebuild the project.

Just to update situation:

Today I was on a site to see a problem and each time when I reset HMI (power cycle), HMI stayed for around 20 minutes in screen 'Verifying storage 'Database' before going in normal run. Than I made button 'Database Cleanup' and this solved a problem. Also, I saw in diagnostic that FlashDrive after Database cleanup was using only 1% of its memory. Before that was using 23% but it's hard to believe that could cause any kind of HMI overload?!

Also, to be more detailed:
- Datalogger contains 55 tags; log interval = 5 sec, max log rows: 1296000
- 42 screens
- HMI is in function for almost a year
- X2 PRO 12