Pop Up box

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
saak

Pop Up box

Post by saak »

Dose anyone have a good idea how I can unblock clicks around a pop up box?
if this was possible I could also open 2 pop up boxes at once.

prichlin

Re: Pop Up box

Post by prichlin »

Hello Saak,
You can control interaction with the parent screen behind a popup using the Modal attribute. If I remember correctly, Modal blocks interaction with the parent screen and non-modal allows it, but test your application to confirm.

Code: Select all

Open the pop-up screen, General ribbon, check or uncheck Modal. 
I'm not sure if you can have two popup windows open at the same time, I haven't tested that. From the Help files in iX Developer:
It is not recommended to have more than two parallel modal popup screens open at the same time.
Do not use multiple modal popups triggered by background events such as alarms, tag value changes, etc.
If you need more space, you can also remove the blue bar at the top. There's a script to do that. Let me know if you need it.

Hope this helps!

saak

Post by saak »

Thanks alot for the help it was exactly what I was looking for and it worked perfectly.

the code to remove the blue bar would be nice to have, it could be useful in some cases.

prichlin

Post by prichlin »

Hello Saak,
Great, glad to hear it!

You may want to remove the blue titlebar so the operator cannot drag the popup, or to match your look and feel.

Locate the Popup in the X,Y position you want it to display in and then adjust its width and height as below.
Credit to Russ Clegg for this solution.

Code: Select all

void MyPopupWindow_Opened(System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
   this.FormBorderStyle = System.Windows.Forms.FormBorderStyle.None;
   if(Environment.OSVersion.Platform == PlatformID.WinCE) // Reduce popup window size if running on CE on iX 2.0
   {
      this.Width = this.Width - 2;
      this.Height = this.Height -25;
   }
}
If you are going to remove the titlebar's close button, remember to provide an alternate close method, alternate controls, or include this in your panel's process as you see fit.

Hope this helps!