How can I use a TouchComboBox to pick what curves to show

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
saak

How can I use a TouchComboBox to pick what curves to show

Post by saak »

Hey I have been trying to make a trend that is functional for my project now for a few days.

Basically I want to make something like the trend viewer legend but the trend viewer legend isn't functional for me because I have a lot of curves.

what I want to do is to have something like the touch combo box with a scroll and search so that I can pick what curve to show.

having around 7-8 of this boxes would be great
each box with a specific color, lets say box 1 is red so no matter what tag I took on it the curve for that tag would be red.

also have to be able to show the full history of the tag when swapping tags.
and I also have to be able to set the boxes to nothing if I want to look at lets say 2 curves

I will add a example image of what I am trying to make. (in this image it is just text no function)

dose anyone know how to make this happen?
Help would be very appreciated :D
Attachments
Ix Developer example.PNG
Ix Developer example.PNG (43.41 KiB) Viewed 6555 times

prichlin

Re: How can I use a TouchComboBox to pick what curves to sho

Post by prichlin »

Hello saak,
It's not exactly what you're looking for but this might work depending on your application. Have you tried using the Trend Viewer Legend? It has controls to turn on and off the visibility of each curve (using the eye button).

It can be added as an Action under Trend Viewer > Show Trend Viewer Legend and selecting the trend in the second dropdown, or scripted on a button or Screen Opened event using

Code: Select all

TrendViewer.ShowLegend();

saak

Post by saak »

prichlin wrote:Hello saak,
It's not exactly what you're looking for but this might work depending on your application. Have you tried using the Trend Viewer Legend? It has controls to turn on and off the visibility of each curve (using the eye button).

It can be added as an Action under Trend Viewer > Show Trend Viewer Legend and selecting the trend in the second dropdown, or scripted on a button or Screen Opened event using

Code: Select all

TrendViewer.ShowLegend();

Hey Prichlin.
Thanks for the reply, I have tried the trend viewer legend but the problem with it is that if you have around 200 curves trend viewer legend just isn't functional.

what I want to have is 8 visible curves with the ability to choose what those 8 are while the other 192 are hidden, with 8 different combo boxes

Russ C.

Post by Russ C. »

Here is an example project that modifies the curves of a trend viewer via scripting
Attachments
DynamicTrendViewerCurves.zip
(45.9 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Best regards,

Russ
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us