iX Developer Windows 10 Issues

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
turnerpeterk

iX Developer Windows 10 Issues

Post by turnerpeterk »

I have two issues with a new iX developer 2.40 installation -

Sometimes the iX Developer window won't display. The program is running and showing in the windows task bar, but the actual program window is gone. I can't alt-tab to it, can't maximize it, it's just gone. Workaround is to start a new project, and then file-open the old project. This usually works.

Second issue - when running or simulating the project on my computer, the simulated project window isn't big enough and doesn't display the entire HMI window - just the upper-left corner of it.

Has anyone had these issues?

Jae V

Re: iX Developer Windows 10 Issues

Post by Jae V »

Hello TurnerPeterk,

So I don't have a good answer for the first issue. Our company runs iX developer on Windows 10 exclusively and haven't experienced this issue. I would try re-downloading iX developer as you could have a bad install. If you are still having issues, check with your IT department if they have any know restrictions on pop-ups.

As for the second issue, this is most likely due to your dpi setting. To fix this, Display properties and scroll down the page to the "Scale and Layout" section and change the "size of text, apps, and other items" to 100%. Then log out of your current user and re log back in and it should be fixed.
Best regards,
Jason
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us

turnerpeterk

Post by turnerpeterk »

Thanks Jason, that was it. The first issue also seems to be resolved, so perhaps the same cause - thank you!

Jae V

Post by Jae V »

No Problem! Let us know if you need any additional support.
Best regards,
Jason
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us