Change the feedback of a pressed button

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
fsturlese

Change the feedback of a pressed button

Post by fsturlese »

We are using "glossy" style push buttons in iX for pc. Is there any way to change the color of the pressed button - other than the pre-defined color - in order to enhance the feedback?

Moreover, is there any way to get an audible feedback on the pc when the button is pressed, just the same as in the Exter terminals?

Thanks,
Federico.

fsturlese

Re: Change the feedback of a pressed button

Post by fsturlese »

Please disregard my second question... I guess this is pretty much a Windows feature. Actually I have found a shareware program that can add sounds to keyboard/mouse events.

Please consider my first question though (changing the aspect of a button).

Thanks,
Federico

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

You simply use the Dynamics option on the button. When the button is pressed you set a tag, and when it is release, you unset it. Then associate the tag's value with the Fill property of the button. If you want to have the button do more than one action when pressed, you need to use the Actions Collection in the Property group.
Snap 2012-09-14 at 08.09.18.jpg
Snap 2012-09-14 at 08.09.18.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
Snap 2012-09-14 at 08.05.21.jpg
Snap 2012-09-14 at 08.05.21.jpg (47.12 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
Snap 2012-09-14 at 08.05.40.jpg
Snap 2012-09-14 at 08.05.40.jpg (39.91 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

fsturlese

Post by fsturlese »

Hi Mark,
I was looking for something quicker... our projects are typically made of 60-80 pages, so having a new tag and adding the action for each pushbutton may take a significant amount of time. Also the test would take some time.

Is there any way to have a property of the button to do that, maybe as a future improvement?

Thanks,
Federico.

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

The button does already change color when you click it. The change is not that great however. I think that the only way to change the color to an arbitrary value will be through using the Dynamics property for the foreseeable future.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

drdeason

Post by drdeason »

I am unable to change the fill/outline dynamics on any of the button styles, except "default".

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

Yes that is correct. The other buttons are not normal WinCE buttons. They are programmed by Beijer. The Fill is not dynamic because of a limitation in WinCE.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

gsavary

Post by gsavary »

Will the fill dynamics on any button style be available in a next iX version ?