Recipe error

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
sgnelectrical

Recipe error

Post by sgnelectrical »

Hi,

Just started using ix developer, installed on my office pc. When I try to add recipe to program receive error report and program shuts down.

I have un-installed all programs for ix developer and reinstalld but still get error report. Any advice?

I have attached the NeoIDELog file.

Regards

Scott
Attachments
NeoIDELog.zip
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 415 times

mark.monroe

Re: Recipe error

Post by mark.monroe »

When you installed iX Developer, did you run setup.exe or the "NeoSetup.msi" file? You need to run the setup.exe otherwise not all the iX Dev dependencies will be installed.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

sgnelectrical

Post by sgnelectrical »

Have just un-installed and re-installed using only the setup.exe.

Still get the same error as previous, when I try and add recipe.

Regards

Scott

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

It looks like you may be starting iX Developer from a project that is stored on a network drive. iX Developer does not work when it is installed to a network drive. Nor does it work when you open a project that is stored on a network drive. iX projects must be stored on a local drive when you are editing them with iX Developer. That has to do with Windows security.

Can you try and right click on the iX Dev icon and select "Run as Admin"? Do you get the same error?
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

sgnelectrical

Post by sgnelectrical »

Moved project file to local computer and all is working. Thanks for your help and advice.

Regards

Scott