iX Runtime install problems (Windows 7)

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
mwilk

iX Runtime install problems (Windows 7)

Post by mwilk »

Am trying to install iXRuntime 2.0.463.0 onto a Win 7 PC.

During the install, I get the following:

"Module c:\program files\common files\beijer shared\opc drivers\xxx.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel."

Where xxx.dll is "Allen_Bradley_ControLogix_pre2.dll" followed by many others.

If I ignore all the errors, I am pretty sure I have skipped right over the controller.dll that we need.

Later, I downloaded a project, just to see what would happen. When the project started, I got this message:

"Project Failure! Could not create a project object "database"!"

I've installed and run this same version of iXRuntime on XP with no trouble, but this is the first time I've tried it with Win 7.

mark.monroe

Re: iX Runtime install problems (Windows 7)

Post by mark.monroe »

Something is blocking the installer from putting files in the areas it wants to. Most likely you are not an Admin on the machine. You could try and right click on the setup.exe and selected "Run as Admin ...". That will run the installed as an admin. There could also be an anti-virus that is preventing the installer from putting files where it wants to.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

mwilk

Re: iX Runtime install problems (Windows 7)

Post by mwilk »

Thanks.

It was a problem with admin privileges.

The install worked fine and the application project runs.