Scaling and simulator

Discussion of application development using iX Developer, including but not limited to getting started, using the functions tab, properties, objects and installation.
Lukas0204

Scaling and simulator

Post by Lukas0204 »

Hi,

1. I want to have on the HMI the tag that is both scaled and non-scaled. For example...in analog numeric I want to have some offset and gain and in another analog numeric I want to have basic value of the same tag (without offset and gain). Is this possible or do I need to program in 'Tags' two tags with the same controller tag name (address) but with different scaling parameters?

2. How can I simulate tags in offline mode? I have GX works 3 and want to offline simulate tags in iX Developer (in simulation mode) via MC protocol.

Regards

Luka

Russ C.

Re: Scaling and simulator

Post by Russ C. »

Not sure how to simulate tags in offline mode like you're asking, but an answer to your first question is: using 2 tags pointed to the same address and one with scaling and one without is probably the best way. Another way would be to keep a persistent variable in your code to reverse the scaling on the original tag.
Best regards,

Russ
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us