Changing Baud or Node Address from runtime

onedumbtrucker

Changing Baud or Node Address from runtime

Post by onedumbtrucker »

I am currently adding SCADA functionality to one of our products through the Beijer T4A comm 4 (RS485) using ModbusRTU and would like to know how to directly access the internal Controller settings tags for baudrate and Slave Station Number.

I know that I can create a button to bring up the Change Active Controllers dialog which allows access to change these settings but we do not want the operator to have access to other controller settings and the dialog is so small on the T4A that the settings are very hard to change. For this reason I would prefer to make my own combobox and textbox for changing baudrate and node address.

onedumbtrucker

Re: Changing Baud or Node Address from runtime

Post by onedumbtrucker »

How is it that with 294 views not a single reply? Are there not any Beijer service moderators?

JohnCZ

Post by JohnCZ »

Hi onedumbtrucker,

well, problem is that you cannot simply change baud rate of nod address when ix application is on.

We have done something similar and what we do is that we have two files Controller1.cfg. In this file is stored all data from controller driver. So what you need is that operator through listbox rewrite this files with your parameters.

This is file where is stored all data from driver list.
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (73.82 KiB) Viewed 14294 times
Then you need to used File.Copy.Method

Code: Select all

System.IO.File.Copy(sourceFile, destFile, true);
We have already experienced and be careful, because if you change your parameters in this way, the CPU is very busy and the project itself is very busy with non-standard way.

BR
JohnCZ

onedumbtrucker

Post by onedumbtrucker »

Thanks very much JohnCZ, I will try that.