Playing the audio files.

Any discussion about hardware that supports iX Developer.
wlederer

Playing the audio files.

Post by wlederer »

Is it possible to play the audio files (MP3 for example) through the USB (or, maybe other output). Or, even more attractive, put somewhere text in a script and speak it aloud?

regards, Waldemar

mark.monroe

Re: Playing the audio files.

Post by mark.monroe »

I have attached a project that has a button that allows you to play a .wav sound on the QTERM-Ax HMIs. With MP3s you need a codec to play them. The WAV codec is already in the terminal, and is the easiest format to use.
Attachments
SampleSoundA7A12.zip
(669.78 KiB) Downloaded 784 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

wlederer

Post by wlederer »

Thank You Mark. Opened the project, run it on my laptop (windows 7 pro) iX Developer 1.31, got the error message about coredll.dll. Tried on my desktop (WinXP pro) iX Developer 2.0 demo. Got the same errror. Should I add the file into the project? How?
Looked into script. It is not clear where sounds are sent to? Can we play them on an external USB player?

Do You recommend to download the project to T7A?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

The coredll.dll is part of Windows CE. You can only test the project after it has been downloaded to a HMI that uses Windows CE.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

In iX 2.0 the Media player has the ability to play mp3's when the project target is a PC. When the project targets a Windows CE based HMI, then you can only play mpeg and wmv files. You could put a media player on the screen and then make the player invisible. Next, create a button that runs the play method on the invisible media player. That will play your sound. It may be easier than the code I sent you. And it will work on the PC as well.
Snap 2012-06-19 at 14.37.48.jpg
Snap 2012-06-19 at 14.37.48.jpg (26.45 KiB) Viewed 12730 times
Snap 2012-06-19 at 14.35.30.jpg
Snap 2012-06-19 at 14.35.30.jpg (61.79 KiB) Viewed 12730 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

wlederer

Post by wlederer »

Thank You Mark. Can we play something outside the HMI. For example, inform operator verbally about an event through an external loudspeaker?

Can we play something, using the version 1.31 of iX Developer?

mark.monroe

Post by mark.monroe »

If your unit doesn't have an audio jack, then no, you can not play it through an external speaker. iX 1.31 has a media player as well.

The best thing to do is try and see how it works for you. Some HMI's do not support the Media player, and in that case you will not be able to use that solution.

Not all HMIs have an internal speaker.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe