Multiple SoftControl Instances on single T15B-SC Panel?

Any discussion about hardware that supports iX Developer.
tom

Multiple SoftControl Instances on single T15B-SC Panel?

Post by tom »

Hello,

I'm evaluating the T15B-SC Panel together with iX Developer as a potential solution for a project.

I've been asked whether it might be possible to control multiple production lines with a single panel in order to save some Hardware costs, and I said "Why yes, nothing stops you from writing a CODESYS application that controls multiple independent production lines and wire that up to the HMI created with iX Developer", but then the next question arose: since the HMI can be connected to more than one active controller, is it possible to run more than one instance of the SoftControl on the panel (that is, each production line is controlled by ist own SoftControl process)? How about multiple field busses vs. a shared one? And is all of this generally recommended?

Thanks&Regards
Thomas

Chris T.

Re: Multiple SoftControl Instances on single T15B-SC Panel?

Post by Chris T. »

Thomas,

is it possible to run more than one instance of the SoftControl on the panel

No, this is not possible for a few reasons, hardware restrictions and licensing to be some of the biggest.

How about multiple field busses vs. a shared one?

Some clarification would be needed here but if you are asking about using 232 485 and modbus tcp/ip, then no problem.

And is all of this generally recommended?

In my opinion no, the biggest reason is all of your eggs are in one basket. If the panel fails or has an error than the issues are now magnified by a factor of the number of machines connected.
Best regards,
Christopher
(801) 708-6690
Technical Support
Contact Us

Beijer Electronics AB
http://www.beijerelectronics.us