The Max number of logged rows ?

Any discussion about hardware that supports iX Developer.
ilovebeijer

The Max number of logged rows ?

Post by ilovebeijer »

Hi,
I don't know what is the max number of logged rows. The default is 500. When I set = 65000, T7E HMI was restarted every 5 minutes. (When I try T10E, It did not matter)
I attach my project.
Please help me.
Attachments
UHT_12062013.rar
dataloger 65000
(370.54 KiB) Downloaded 1118 times

mark.monroe

Re: The Max number of logged rows ?

Post by mark.monroe »

The maximum number of rows has to do with the amount of available memory on the unit. It sounds like the T7E unit is running out of memory and is crashing. You can use a system tag to view how much memory you have left on the HMI. By monitoing the storage system tag, you could dump the data logger data to a USB stick and then delete the data in the datalogger.
Snap 2013-06-13 at 09.10.52.png
Snap 2013-06-13 at 09.10.52.png (89.08 KiB) Viewed 16362 times
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

iosif

Re: The Max number of logged rows ?

Post by iosif »

mark.monroe wrote:The maximum number of rows has to do with the amount of available memory on the unit. It sounds like the T7E unit is running out of memory and is crashing. You can use a system tag to view how much memory you have left on the HMI. By monitoing the storage system tag, you could dump the data logger data to a USB stick and then delete the data in the datalogger.
Snap 2013-06-13 at 09.10.52.png

How can I calculate the size of the log items?
Also, how can I calculate the size of the alarms history?
Ok, I know how much is the remaining space in my program and I will dump them in a USB stick, but I need to know how many I will save at the beijer so I can roughly put a scheduler (weekly, daily, etc.) to save them to the USB.

I hope my request was clear. :roll:

Many regards to everybody from Greece and many thanks for that usefull forum.

I am working with Beijer HMIs few years now, firstly with Exter and now with iX and I have a lot of small, stupid but important for me questions.
We could accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible.