Reload project by USB key

Any discussion about hardware that supports iX Developer.
charlyprouteau

Reload project by USB key

Post by charlyprouteau »

Is a way to load a project with an USB stick without use a laptop (with project/export on IX softwre). This functionnality is availble with EXTER and it is very simple : just connect usb on touch screen, and the project is automatically loaded. Is a way to do the same with IX series (TAxx, TxxA...). Thanks for you answer.

Patrick Hall

Re: Reload project by USB key

Post by Patrick Hall »

You can transfer your project to a USB flash device (Project Tab -> Transfer -> Export, and browse to flash drive), then insert the USB device into the TxA panel and power cycle the HMI. During HMI startup you will get a dialog that asks if you would like to install the project from the USB drive to the HMI. You also get a prompt to back up existing project to the device before updating.

The dialog asking you if you wish to update the HMI is time limited and will vanish and continue with a standard boot of the old project if you walk away from the panel or get distracted.
Best Regards,
Patrick Hall

farrukhshahzad

Re: Reload project by USB key

Post by farrukhshahzad »

It is not working for me. It seems that T7AM units is not reading the USB drive during the boot process and loading the existing project. I tried several times and with different flash drives. No dialog is showing to install the project. I have following folders and files in the flash drive:

Project
TransferBinaries
TransferClient.exe
TransferClient.exe.config

Thanks.