Download to a PC with an iX Runtime. Anyone got it to work?

Any discussion about hardware that supports iX Developer.
jydepower

Download to a PC with an iX Runtime. Anyone got it to work?

Post by jydepower »

I can't get the transfer function to work. No PC shows on the download list.

Everytime i have to make a small change, im forced to Export the entire project to the project folder on the PC. This takes like 15 minutes since it's like 80mb over crappy vpn. Another problem, is the shutdown/restart function obvious don't work. So i have to log on the PC by windows remote control, and shut down the runtime before exporting.

Im not even sure it's possible with PC, but found this in IX developer manual:
Downloading a Project to an Operator Panel or a PC with an iX Runtime installation
Connect the operator panel to the PC via an Ethernet connection.

Click Download.

The download dialog opens and all panels connected in the network are listed with information about IP address and panel type. Select the panel to download to in the list.

Check that the IP address is correct and click Download.

Optional: Click the “Include compressed project” checkbox to compress the project and save it as a ZIP file.

Optional: Click the “Password protected” checkbox and enter a password to protect the ZIP file.

The panel will respond to a download request by stopping any current project. The panel will display that it is ready for project download. When the download is completed, the new project will automatically start running.

The project folder is located at the following path. Only for PC targets!%public%\Documents\Beijer Electronics AB\iX Developer Runtime\Project
I cant get it to work. Nothing happens when i hit transfer. No pc shows on the list.

mark.monroe

Re: Download to a PC with an iX Runtime. Anyone got it to wo

Post by mark.monroe »

You don't need to configure the iX Runtime in any special way to be able to download via the transfer client in iX Developer. Make sure the iX Runtime version matches the iX Developer version and that the configured IP address on the runtime machine is on the the same subnet. Could also be anti-virus/firewall software that blocking the ports or the iX transfer communication server that is installed with the iX Runtime.
Best Regards,
Mark Monroe

Beijer Electronics, Inc. | Applications Engineer

jydepower

Re: Download to a PC with an iX Runtime. Anyone got it to wo

Post by jydepower »

It was the firewall thanks.